Lately, more and more customers have been asking how they can migrate an app that was created using a different publishing tool to a Twixl Publisher-based app.
Here are step-by-step instructions on how to move from e.g. Adobe DPS to Twixl: Read more ›
The Twixl Importer is a free plugin for Adobe InDesign that allows you to convert Adobe DPS Folio Overlay properties in a document to their Twixl Publisher counterparts.
Read more ›
Did your Twixl Publisher plug-in work properly until yesterday and today it suddenly stopped working in InDesign CS6 ?
Download the new 3.4.11 version that fixes the problem or use “Check for updates…” from the builder application.
If you want to get an overview of the new Twixl Publisher product line-up, register now for the upcoming webinar on Tuesday, March 4th.
During the 30-minute presentation, we’ll talk about Twixl Publisher, the creation tool, but we’ll also discuss the different distribution options for both App Store and in-house publishing.
After the webinar, there’s plenty of room for Q&A.
Last month Apple announced the following:
“Starting February 1, new apps and app updates submitted to the App Store must be built with the latest version of Xcode 5 and must be optimized for iOS 7.”
What does this mean for users of Twixl Publisher ? Read more ›
Every quarter Volvo Cars releases a new edition of their car magazine in about 25 different countries, and in 60 different editions. This magazine promotes new models, special editions, new technological innovations, seasonal offers, travel articles, etc.
Twixl Publisher 3.4.4 is now available. Get the update now by selecting “Check for updates…” in the Twixl Publisher application, or go to our downloads page.
This is mainly a bug fix release, with the following highlights:
- Twixl Publisher 3.4.4 now requires OS X 10.8.4 or newer for previewing or building apps.
- Improvements to PDF viewing
- Big speed improvement for image sequence views
- Fixed an issue where the complete store content was being displayed even when the device didn’t have a network connection
- Lots of miscellaneous bug fixes
As always, we recommend that you use this version to submit updates for your apps. Be sure to first check with an Ad Hoc build though, before submitting the new version to the App Store(s). Read more ›
Entitlements are a way to allow an external system to determine which content a specific user can have access to. In the world of magazines, this is most often used to allow print subscribers to automatically get access to the digital editions, without needing to purchase the same magazine a second time.
Read more ›
As of version 3.4 of Twixl Publisher, a number of custom URL schemes can be used in different types of “HTML content elements”, such as
- a web viewer
- a web overlay
- the embedded web browser
- the kiosk info page
- the kiosk info cell
- the entitlements dialog
Here’s an overview of the different HTML content elements that may be available in a Twixl Publisher-based apps: Read more ›
Twixl Publisher 3.4.3 is now available. Get the update now by selecting “Check for updates…” in the Twixl Publisher application, or go to our downloads page.
Some of the highlights of this release:
- We added support for displaying PDF files in App Store kiosk applications
- On iOS 7, we now use the native interface components
- This release drops support for iOS 5. If you still need to support that, you will need to build your app using version 3.3.3
- Includes a new free Twixl Importer plug-in, that allows you to convert Adobe DPS Folio Overlay properties in a document to their Twixl Publisher counterparts.
Read more ›